Coasters

 It is a huge shame but the book end will not be going forward. I went to speak to the wood shop about possibly buying some wood from them to use for the base but we ran into a lot of issues.

He said that yes he could sell me some wood but it would be unfinished and I was not allowed to use their facilities to finish it because I had not been trained to do so. There didn't seem to be any option to have a workshop to learn. Buying the wood elsewhere was just going to cost far too much money considering my budget is practically non existent at this time. 

I am determined not to let this be a waste however and since I have taken the time to learn how to engrave I am still going to do so in the form  of coasters! I can purchase finished coaster bases for £1 each and then engrave them 

These designs that I have created are to be engraved onto the coasters.




My only concern is that since I have limited experience with the laser engraving I am not sure if these images might be too detailed for it to handle. After my first iteration of this for example 

I was advised to use more block black to make the image clearer as at this current stage it was hard to read and would likely be even more hard to read when it came to engraving. 

I put a lot of effort and time into these designs and I'm really proud of how they turned out. I can't wait to see how they look when I engrave them. 



Comments