Fair and final thoughts

 

The fair went really well, I put my socials up so people could follow me and they did!

I also wrote clearly what the prices were so people knew straight away. 

The fair was a great success. My total costs for the stock were £70

My takings for the day were £150 , so that makes £80 profit and stock to spare!

The coasters were very popular and I took some orders even after they sold out which I am now fulfilling. 

I was concerned that because my posters were more expensive than other peoples that they wouldn't sell but I sold the majority and made a good profit so Im glad I stuck with that. 

The bookmarks didn't sell at all , not a single one, but that is ok I will try to sell them at other things and won't make anymore as they are not popular- lessons learned! 

I now know that I can sell things at a professional quality and I know what people liked and can make more of those.

Final thoughts on this project:

In this project I have learnt so much, more so than I have in almost any other project in all of my academic years. I learnt about paper types, the printing process, wed design, how to use illustrator more effectively, how to use the laser cutters and so so much more. 

If I could do this project again I would have just improved my work flow at the start as it took me a little while to really get going. I also would have explored more products, I'd love to have a go at making things like plates and mugs next time. Also printing onto fabrics would be really interesting. This project has made me want to do a lot more fairs like this. 

Going forward I'm going to be taking way more advantage of the university's facilities as they are really great and there's so many outcomes to try.


The biggest disappointment was that the book end never got made but the good news is I intend to make it in the new year! of course , it wasn't ready for this fair but there will be others and this work won't go to waste. 

Comments