My stickers turned out great. I wish I'd made them a little bigger but other than that I'm happy with the result. One of these will be included with every purchase.
I attended a workshop to learn how to laser engrave as this is a process I have never done before. It was really really cool and is probably my new favourite bit of kit at the university. I produced this book end in the workshop. The team running the session provided a template for the base and then we selected images and learn how to use a cut line and an engraving line. Please note the images engraved on this are taken from the internet. There was not time for me to use my own designs and so the part I am responsible for is just the composition of the images and the idea of having them that way. This was a really insightful and fun and taught me a lot. I am very keen to use the laser cutters for at least one product at the fair.
My bookmarks turned out pretty well. They are quite basic and just a rectangle but I think they are a nice little addition. I will sell them for a very affordable cost. If I had more time I would have made them a custom shape but I think for the intended purpose this is simple and sleek.
As a way of beginning my visual research I thought a good place to start would be by illustrating the characters of the story based off the descriptions which I wrote down as I was listening to the audio book. This gave me a starting point for development. Quite a basic character , not very recognisable as a time traveller based off description alone. Full body exploration, starting to think about things like pocket watches and other small trinkets that could hold relevance to this story and the general theme. In context the Eloi should look very unusual but as single illustrations I do worry that people would not know what they are or are meant to be. The morlocks design is the most striking and will definitely give a monster feeling to anything I add them to even if the viewer doesn't know the story of the time machine. This has been a really useful starting point as now I have some visual reference in my head that isn't taken from other peoples interpretations. Look...
Comments
Post a Comment